Monday, March 26, 2007

Song writing

Unfortunately, today I have nothing to write about. We made beds this morning and the team from Manitoba arrived this afternoon. We went to the House of Commons, but it was soo full we weren't able to get in. (Luckily Jill and Mark were able to) So Amanda and I came home and wrote a song that we will sing at the church in Toronto. We tried to write from the perspective of Ruth, Esther, and Mary, as well as include our feeling in it. These are the words:

For months I've prayed
I'd find favor in your eyes
As I struggled to prepare
For a life time of love with you
I lay at your feet the fragrance of my purity
I lay at your feet all I am and all that I will be

I don't understand
why you brought me here
I'm scared and want to run
But wherever you go I will go
I lay at your feet the fragrance of my destiny
I lay at your feet all I am and all that I will be


I ran to the room
your forgiveness brings me to my knees
unbridled tears at you feet
I dry them with my hair
I lay at your feet the fragrance of my worship
I lay at your feet all I am and all that I will be

Chorus:
I pour out my life as a perfume to you
Cuz I'm bringing all I am
To my Jesus......the one I love
my Jesus......the one I follow
my Jesus.....my Saviour and Friend

So we spent the night practicing the song and getting ready for Toronto. That was my Monday. Nothing to spectacular today. Have a great night everyone and I will talk to you all tomorrow.


Erica

No comments: