Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Long weekend, sorry

Well after this weekend I totally forgot to write an entry for Monday, sorry about that. So I guess toady's will include a lot of things that happened the last couple of days. So this weekend I went to a concert, Saturday night, done by the band Leeland, who is led by an 18 year old who is still in high school. I was so impressed with him, he led worship on his knees, with tears, from the guitar, and the piano, God is so apparent in his life even at his young age. So that night was really amazing to be apart of. On Sunday we went to a French church that has a lot of youth that are involved at a city level as well as nationally. I love the french churches, they are a lot more blunt than the English about how they are feeling or what they are struggling with. It was almost awkward at some points to be sitting there, yet it was also very refreshing to see their complete honesty. So I was able to meet some of the youth and we all went out for lunch and are planning on hanging out whenever we have some free time. They will also be at the conference this weekend, (Yuanita Bynum) so we will see them a lot of different places. On Monday we did office work all day, and then had fireside in the evening, so it wasn't to crazy. Today I had class with Richard and we learned about Narratives again and how to read them properly, for example, how to use Acts and how not to use it. Then this afternoon I went to work for my M.P. it was challenging today because the secretary was so busy that she didn't have time to explain things. I know it will get better though. Rob's class on intercession taught us how to wrestle with God in prayer. Rob encouraged us, that when we are asking or believing for something, we need to bug God constantly, never leaving him alone. Like Jacob held on for his blessing, so will we fight for ours. He also taught us how to argue with God, like Abraham did for Sodom and Gomorrah.




We have to search our motives- God's will


We have to speak God's word back to him- as David did, reminding Him of His promises


Calling on God's compassion- like Abraham asked for God's mercy instead of judgement on Sodom and Gomorrah


We have to honor the name of the Lord


And Plead the blood of Jesus- His blood covers all




I found this lesson really enlightening, especially if you are believing God for something in your life. Well I am off to bed but I will make sure I write an article tomorrow, and I wont forget this time. Goodnight everyone.


Erica

No comments: