Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Black Basketball


Hello everyone! So today we had Ken Hall's class but he is in Medicine Hat for a Watchmen leadership conference, so Rob taught us. We didn't get very far, but the neat thing about Rob is that he totally offends the mind, and goes straight to the heart. For those of us who know him it was good, but I think some of the other students were really caught off guard. It will be nice to have Ken come back because he is such a gracious man, he focuses a lot on knowledge, but he has this incredible heart that quietly seeps out throuhg his teaching. After class we decided we were going to have a homework day, because parliament is closed, I have almost completed my essay on Louis St. Laurent. Tonight was amazing though. I went and played basketball, and it was all of my worst fears in one building. I was the only white girl, and there was only one other white guy, in a sea of about 20 black guys. Most of them were fast, could slam dunk, and they all spoke french!!!! I almost chickened out and went home but a nice young black guy came and invited me to play, they were really good sports, but I have to step up my game. Needless to say it was a very interesting experience, especially because half the time I didn't have a clue what was going on, it did feel really good to run though. The best story of the night, by far, was one of the guys was wearing really baggy shorts and he jumped up to shoot, and his shorts fell down. I saw the first naked black bum ever...it was so embarrassing, but extremely funny. Well I am watching a movie now, so I will talk to everyone tomorrow.
Erica

No comments: