Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wednesday-BBALL!!!


Ken is back so we had another wonderful class time. He really challenged me on some of my own doctrines, and although it sucks because you have to rethink them, he really causes you to develop a strong theology to why you believe what you do. (He challenged me on the subject of healing, and how we claim that healing) I am still confused partly, you see Ken uses such majestic words that I sometimes get lost, but he has made me think, and I will have it figured out soon. So this afternoon we were suppose to go for a prayer walk but it is raining. YES I SAID RAINING!!! It is soooo beautiful out today, it's really cloudy but the humidity is like....Florida, if you have been to Florida its that real think musty, warm air. I loved it! Light jackets and almost all the snow is gone and it has only been 2 days. (For those of you who don't know, Saskatchewan stays super cold for a long time, and is always really really dry, we never have humidity, thus my excitement) So instead of a walk we did databases for NHOP. Then tonight I played basketball again. This game I played so much better, and I actually scored!!! I even scored over a big tall black guy and when the ball went in all 30 guys stopped talking, cheered, clapped, and then laughed in total unbelief. They were such good sports, they all shook my hand and congratulated me. Who knows, by the end of the 3 months, I could be running, jumping, and shooting like a black guy. That would be soo amazing if I could learn that. There is this one guy there, he's got to be 6'6" and when he lifts his arms he can touch the rim, anyways I am always on his team. (I think its because I am the shortest) So I believe his name is Abu, or something like that, and he can't speak English, but he is sooo sweet. I think he communicates to me more that all the rest. He is always motioning at me, giving me a high-five, or catching my eye when he wants me to do something. The only word he seems to know is SHOOT!! he is always yelling at me to shoot. So it was a really fun night, I just love basketball, and every week will get better. You all have a good night, and for those of you back home, wear lots of blankies because I know how cold it is there. hahaha

Erica

No comments: