Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Classes, classes, classes


Well this morning I had class (how to read the bible for all it's worth) and we learnt the importance of understanding how translation works. We had to look at different translations and how inaccurate they were as well as compare them to other translations. For example we compared NIV to KJV and looked at a verse that has a complete different message than the other version. We also learnt how to read and write the epistles. But my favorite part was this little blurb that I am actually going to write out for you all to read.

Guidelines for Problem Passages
1. They were not written to us, and we may need to content ourselves with our lack of knowledge or not ever understanding the intended meaning.
2. Ask, "What can be said for certain about the text and what is uncertain?"
3. Always look for the main point of the passage even if you can't always be certain about the details.
4. Consult a good commentary that gives various options to consider.

So that was the morning lesson and then in the afternoon we headed off to the library. Usually on Tuesday afternoons we will be volunteering in our MP's offices. (so I will be with Lynn Yelich or James Lunney- a christian man whose riding is in BC) I am really excited about this and hope that it will open the door for some amazing opportunities. Also, my teacher said that if I want to get into politics and decide to stay here, he can guaranteed me a job in Parliament, so that is very exciting. I will have to see what God has in store for me after this internship. Tonight was the intercession class and we learnt about intercession in worship. There were soo many good points that I will probably have to write out notes and send them too you...but it was an amazing teaching night. Other than that, I am talking to Kendra and getting ready for bed. Talk to you all soon.

Erica

1 comment:

Jenee said...

yes, that is exactly what we learned in class this morning! hah hah! That totally cracks me up that you wrote it out...
but it's very cool.
So in case I forget, I will just read your blog... and voala! everything comes back to me!