Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Week after Toronto


Don't worry! I am still alive! This week has been so crazy, where do I begin? Okay, well I went to Toronto and attended the Airport Church, it was really cool to be in a congregation with that many people. Unfortunately I got sick with a head cold, and found it really difficult to participate in the 2 different church services. On Monday we made beds an went to Question Period in the afternoon. The House is once again hammering Gordon O'Connor and demanding his resignation, he is really becoming worn out, so really pray for him these next few weeks. Monday evening the teams all arrived and we had 9 from Toronto and 16 from the Masters Commission in B.C. (really full house) I was quite happy to have some kids my age here, as well as to find out that they are apart the same denomination that I am. Tuesday morning we had class and discussed how we are to interpret the Song of Songs. Many preachers negate ever speaking on this book and if they do, they refer to it as an allegory representing Jesus and the Bride. (Church) Richard told us that when the book was written there was no concept of the Church or Jesus coming to earth, so to make it an allegory is taking it out of the context of its original purpose. He has a way of making things so understandable! Tuesday afternoon was my last day working for my MP but I may see her Monday and have the opportunity to meet some of the other MP's, possibly even Mr. Harper!!!YAY! (we will see) In the evening we had the Master Commission do a skit for us and then settled down to hear Rob speak on prophetic intercession, also a very interesting class. This is the definition he gave us:


prophetic intercession is an urging to pray given by the Holy Spirit for situations and circumstances about which you have very little knowledge in the natural. You receive a prayer request from God which can be received as a burden, an impression, dream or vision.


Today we had Ken Hall's class, and I don't know if it is because I am not feeling well, but I found it very hard to concentrate. Question Period this afternoon once again attacked the Defense Minister, but also took a few rounds out of Peter McKay (foreign affairs) and John Baird (Environment) regarding Afghanistan detainees and the Kyoto Accord. I went to a movie tonight with Jill and Amanda and now I am looking forward to a really good sleep so that I wake up feeling good tomorrow. I hope you all had an amazing weekend and I will let you know what happens in the next 2 days.

Erica

No comments: