Monday, April 2, 2007

Niagara and the Weekend


So it has been a really long time since I put in an entry, sorry about that, but Friday we were in such a hurry to get on the road I didn't have time to write. So, I could tell you about classes Thursday and Friday, but I just don't think it would be as interesting as my weekend was, so instead I will tell you about Niagara. We arrived 9:00 Friday night and we all decided to go out on the town. (If any of you have been to Niagara Falls, it is really cheesy tourism, with lots of lights and expensive games and rides) Although we didn't participate in anything, we decided to come again in the morning. So Saturday morning we went to the falls, and it was so cold and windy out, that it felt like the mist was actual rain...we were drenched. We did however, decide to go under the falls, and walk around in all the tunnels, I was a little disappointed, but it was worth the sound of the fall on top of you. We then drove to Niagara on the lake, which is about and hour away, and is the nice tourism section. It is set up like a little western town with a small street and little stores on each side. So for the afternoon we shopped, and I bought a caramel apple!!(I love them) Then we were on our way to a little town where Terry and Richard lived, we spent the night there, then drove to Toronto. We woke up early Sunday morning, hit the road, and drove to Richard's old church to minister there. We answered questions regarding the internship, as well as perform the song we wrote, everyone loved it. Once lunch with the pastor was over we started home, and got home last night at10:30pm. So tomorrow Richard is letting us sleep in because we are soo tired. Parliament Hill is on Easter holidays so we will have to find alternate activities this week. I will post picture of our adventure as soon as I can. Have a great night, and sorry you had to wait so long for an update.
Erica

p.s. I am not a real detailed person so for more info, check out Amanda's blog- http://worldtravellingpants.blogspot.com/

No comments: